Bridgestone presents $25K regarding Teens exactly who ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or learners with a very creative side and also access to a camera are actually invited to the 7th annual Bridgestone Teens Travel Smart Training video Contest. The exact grand prizewinner will take home a cool $25, 000 scholarship grant and have his video proven on air across the country being a public service announcement regarding Bridgestone Americas.
The point from the contest is definitely driver protection, and the conditions aren’t overly tough. Basically together any 25- OR MAYBE 55-second video tutorial on some aspect of automotive or cruising safety. Such as
- Couch belt utilization,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding temptations while operating (like cellphones and texting), or
- Cruising defensively
Local individuals can take several cues from your Fairfax Region Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the options provided over the Montgomery Nation Teen Traveling Safetywebsite. Wedding event check out final year’s succeeding videos pertaining to ideas or a recent Inside Dateline segment at teen drinking and operating (you along with your parents should really probably look at this anyway).
Once you’ve strike it hard on a topic, think about the most effective way to present it— say as the story coming from experience or perhaps a music training video or a showing. Then shoot— a video naturally!
You’ll need to build a very simple sign up form and upload your individual video for the Bridgestone web-site by simply no afterwards than May 20, 2013. Judges will narrow down the main entries, and also top 10 video lessons will be posted for person voting coming from July 13 to 28.
All of the best 10 filmmakers can at least gain a set of completely new tires, with $25, 000 going to the Large Prize victorious one. Second and also third spot winners will get $15, 000 and $10,50, 000 respectively. This is serious money along with enormously improved from old years.
The fight is designed to legal permanent residents in the 50 says and the Section of Columbia or Alberta, a long time 16 with 21 . Entries must include valid driver’s license and be signed up as daily students with the accredited secondary, college grade, or trade school.
You don’t crib a person’s work, and do not bother to incorporate anything inappropriate. And give VERY close alternative activities the time requirements because clips that do conform will probably be automatically disqualified.
News in the 2013 College Reception Rounds
Many colleges as well as universities struck the road this time of year to begin a good recruitment procedure that actually is put in full hit with in the fall.
Short of in reality visiting a good campus, those presentations give opportunities in order to get basic information about a school plus make yourself to be able to area associates.
Although all these sessions are usually open to you, it’s frequently a good idea to pre-register if the opportunity is offered. Usually, how are folks running the wedding going to discover many surrendering chairs to put together?
The following are several of the more popular originate events:
- Exploring Faculty Options: That is a special hiring program subsidized by the basic admissions workplaces of Fight it out, Georgetown, Harvard, the Or even of California, and Stanford. The tour has a couple of stops from the DC spot, with the very first scheduled intended for Monday, Might 20th, around the Bethesda Lapland Marriott Inn & Convention Center, from 7: 30 p. mirielle. Two even more sessions might be 123helpme.me/ held in May21st with the Tysons Spot Marriott, along with Wednesday, May possibly 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency Miami on Polish capitol Hill.
- Organisations That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will visit the Washington DC area on Sunday, May 19, for the Marriott Bethesda North Resort and Convention Center, from 1: 00 pm. Each individual program begins with a 30-minute information session followed right away by the faculty fair.
- The main Claremont Colleges and universities: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona and also Scripps Colleges) will carry a local data session on Saturday, May eighteen, from 3 to check out p. n., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Investigating Educational Fineness: Join Brown leafy, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and even Rice on an information workout targeted to college students appreciate it students in addition to families. Trips include a synopsis of each organization, information on entrée and educational funding, as well as a possiblity to speak privately, in private with tickets representatives.
- 7 of the Best Institutions: Claremont McKenna, Colorado School, Connecticut Institution, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Darlene Lawrence risk students along with families to learn more about these nine nationally recognized liberal activité colleges. Five programs keep on being for the season.
- Coast that will Coast Visit: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, plus Vanderbilt visit nine locations in nine states. The evening requires a brief details session concerning each education and enough time to interact with university admissions representatives inside of a college considerable format. Often the tour pertains to the DC area on May 23 rd .
- Boston Faculty: This informative program is made to provide prospective students through an ‘Eagle Summary. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon University or college: Admissions counselors will present a standard information appointment to pupils who may well be in the early stages of the college browse. You can sign up now for your event slated for Wednesday, June a couple of, at the Bethesda Marriott Motel.
- Northwestern University or college: In addition to the Shore to Coast Tour (see above), some other sessions are actually open to pupils and their family members in various parts of the countryside. Northwestern travels with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UVA to California in July 2013.
- Typically the University of North Carolina with Greensboro: Couple of “First Look” sessions shall be held in the DC section. The first requires place on May possibly 29, within Rockville, and the second is certainly scheduled intended for May 18, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online registration will require that you open your SpartanLinkaccount.